Re: F25 System Wide Change: Use /etc/distro.repos.d as default reposdir

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 08:58:18PM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 05/12/2016 07:46 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:

> > Nothing says that in the future, we couldn't handle other kinds.
> > Fundamentally, libsolv can process rpm-md/yum, susetags/yast2, hdlist2
> > (mdk), and helix repos. And those are just the RPM repo formats.
> > libsolv can handle deb/apt, arch repos, and Haiku repos. We don't
> > really care too much about stuff other than rpm-md for now, but I
> > don't see why that couldn't change in the future.
>
> Even if we could, I don't think it would be a good idea to have a single
> drop-directory for all of them. That's introducing too much complexity on the
> behalf of the tools that have to parse them.
>
> So I think we should keep the directory limited to files that share a parser.
> I'm strongly in favor of the "rpm.repos.d" proposal, FWIW. (I agree that

Your argument sounds like yum.repos.d would be the best name for the
repo definitions that are recognised by the yum parser and other
implementations for this format. Unless you still want to bundle
different repo definitions for different parsers in one directory.

Regards
Till