Re: No Rich boolean deps in Requires/Recommends for f24

On 04/01/2016 02:51 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Recently FPC oked the use of rich boolean deps. However, we have run
> into an issue where the tools used to push updates are not able to
> correctly handle these new dependencies.
>
> At today's FESCo meeting we decided to ask maintainers to not use rich
> boolean Requires/Recommends for the time being until tooling can catch
> up and allow us to push updates with them.
>
> Thanks for your cooperation.
>
> kevin
> --
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Rich.2FBoolean_dependencies
> https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/593
> https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-04-01/fesco.2016-04-01-17.00.log.html

To clarify, the use of rich dependencies is banned from use for Requires: and
Recommends: dependencies. It is safe for use on Suggests:, Enhances: and
Supplements:. In particular, this means that it is still acceptable to generate
language subpackages using Supplements.

("Rich dependencies" refers to dependencies that specify "and" or "or" for
extended rule-processing).

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Langpacks