Re: GNOME 3.19.92 megaupdate

On 15 March 2016 at 09:17, Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm somewhat confused where the problem is.
> This is the problem:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/CI57RU5TGQZFGVTUJKM6S6WU2NU4VION/

This isn't anything to do with the gnome-shell version being different
to the other components.

> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/I47GW5IGT55JIOIGYJOSXFDT5WTBBA2L/

That wouldn't have been prevented using a side-tag either. Bugs happen
in development software, holding the push for an extra week wouldn't
have magically fixed that bug.

> IOW you are keep changing API/ABI without proper .so name bumps and at
> the same time, you refuse to use side tag (which would limit the impact)
> for Rawhide builds.

Okay, so the obvious solution is "don't put ABI-unstable development
GNOME packages into rawhide". We'd then be using a xdg-app enhanced
atomic image for all development, and then rawhide would rot.

Richard