Re: GNOME 3.19.92 megaupdate

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 15 March 2016 at 08:04, Vít Ondruch <vondruch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So will it be 3rd time in 3 months you are going to broke my
>> Rawhide?
>
> I think using the F25 packages when F24 alpha hasn't even been
> released is probably asking for trouble. Are we supposed to be
> maintaining F22, F23, F24, *and* F25 at this point?

In a word, yes. There is an expectation that rawhide continues to be
usable for those people that wish to use it for development. It's when
large functional changes need to be made and people need to be able to
develop them on a working OS. Release engineering are happy to, and
regularly do, make side tags for rawhide builds, the GNOME teams have
scripts to build in those tags, like you do for f24, so it would be
little extra effort for you to do that same for f25/rawhide.

Peter