Re: Declining package maintenance requests? (Was Re: Large number of packages to be orphaned on Feb 26)

On 02/21/2016 11:44 AM, Fabio Alessandro Locati wrote:

Now, I think that it makes sense to have the POC/Package Admins able to
approve and/or decline requests. I think the following 3 improvements
would greatly improve the ACL request experience:

- auto-accept the ACL requests after 7 days of no POC/PA responded

I am against any automated approvals and dislike your proposal. Also, I do not see how automated ACLs would change anything about the situation in question.

Besides this, 7 days would be much too short. 4 weeks would be much more appropriate.

- introduce an (optional) text box to allow to bundle a message with the
   ACL request
Such a message should be mandatory, because I've received ACLs from people I've never heard before and from "inexperienced and overly eager new-comers".

- allow (and force) a formal message in the case of ACL denial
This would mean to allow people to implement ACL-request spam, with the load ending on those peoples' shoulders who are actually doing the Fedora work.

Ralf