Re: ntpstat

On 2/12/2016 3:36 AM, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

I could write a new man page and put it in the ntp package as a
replacement. Or it could be added as a new package in Fedora, which
ntp could recommend or suggest. Would that make sense? Another option
is to simply drop ntpstat from ntp with no replacement.

Thoughts?
I'd simply remove it. Otherwise you have to act as upstream for this
outdated thing.

Whatever "outdated" means in this context, if it's functional (or can be made functional) and provides actual utility then why /not/ keep it? I'd suggest it getting its own package, though, lest it get sucked into whatever systemd is doing with ntp.

-jc