Re: DNF could improve messages about package auto-removal

  Hi,

> One would hope (assume?) that there's something to keep dnf from
> thinking I no longer need Firefox, or emacs, or some other big package
> just because nothing else depends on it any more.

That seems to be in place at least for kernel and dnf.  Recently I've
tried to uninstall some small package, then dnf errored out and
complained that this transaction would remove dnf + kernel and that it
can't do that.

Apparently autoremove gone wild, thinking I don't need the whole system
any more.  I just did 'rpm -e $package' instead then ...

cheers,
  Gerd