Re: DNF could improve messages about package auto-removal

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 04:13:56PM -0500, James Antill wrote:
>  That helps, but then what? The user understands (s)he now has to find
> out how to fix it, and they have two options:
>
>   1) Some magic command to mark some/all of the unused deps. as used,
>      and repeat as necessary the next time you hit this.
>
>   2) Change the config. from the current gamble of save $0.0001 of disk
>      space on the upside, and hopefully only annoy the user a bit on the
>      other.

In the yum world, the user has two options too:

1) Some magic command to run after remove to remove the now unneeded
cruft.

2) Change the config. file from the current garbage dump of leaving
everything on the system and save considerable percent of time during
subsequent updates.

I, for one, am not a collectioner of unused packages, thus I am all for
the dnf default.

D.