Re: Automate nag emails for pending ACL/pkgdb requests?

On Seg, 2015-11-23 at 16:24 +0100, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 08:50:59AM -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >    This is not about any particular instance, but browsing around
> > pkgdb for
> >    various reasons I've run across ACL/pkgdb request that haven't
> > gotten
> >    approved (or rejected). I know we all get busy but it's not
> > right to
> >    ignore (intentionally or not) these requests from other
> > packagers.
> >    Some might be in favor of auto approval after a defined period
> > of
> >    inactivity but what if someone goes on an extended vacation? How
> > long is
> >    too long?
> >    I think the least disruptive approach would be to start sending
> > nag emails
> >    after a certain period (1 week?).
> >    Thoughts?
>
> You mean these requests right?
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/api/pendingacls

This list was useful for me, to know what I have pending.

I can propose another solution , based on Richard idea, instead begin a
process of nonresponsive package maintainer, we can ask to put that
user in automatic approve requests after a certain period.

Because request an nonresponsive process, is not pleasant ask this to a
fellow, just because he is busy and that people can not understand
well, so in this way can be one workaround to this situation .

--
Sérgio M. B.