Re: Updates (was Fedora 23 Final RC10 status is GO !)

Am 02.11.2015 um 00:36 schrieb Michael Catanzaro:
*who* if not the package maintainer which hopefully uses his own
packages should have the final say? some group of people not
understanding the issues really?

The counterargument is that we keep seeing major version updates that
violate our existing updates policy. Who if not a neutral party charged
with upholding that policy should have the final say? Some maintainers
who clearly haven't read it?

and what about software not breaking randomly?

a version number don't say *anything* about the impact of a update - there are stol developers out there which are able to provide new feautures without breaking everything left and right

show me as example *one* postfix major update in the last 10 years breaking existing setups - not every upstream acts like GNOME