Re: "vanilla" kernel closest to Fedora kernel

--On Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:48 PM -0500 Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is not a lot of patching in the Fedora kernel. 2.6.10 will run
happily in the FC environment unpatched as the tmpfs selinux patchesare
now in

It would be nice if each of the patches in the kernel spec file had a comment explaining what it was for and why it was needed. (Pointers to bugzillas for each would be adequate.) I've been afraid to use vanilla kernels because I didn't know what those patches did and what would break if I didn't have them.