Re: Self Introduction: Dave Melia

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 01:47:53PM +0000, Dave Melia wrote:
> I have been passionate about Linux and Open Source for ~15 years and
> have always wanted to contribute and give back to the community.
> Unfortunately my coding skills would not be up to standard and my
> technical writing is terrible... SO!  I decided that package
> management would be the way to go!
>
> I'm not too sure specifically which packages I'd like to maintain,
> but I am open to contribute to anything.

Sounds great -- welcome. Once you've created an account and done the
first few other steps at
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers>,
one way to get involved other than finding some random software to
package would be to find existing packages you're interested in, and
apply for co-maintainership. See the bottom of the page at
<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_get_sponsored_into_the_packager_group>
for more on this.

--
Matthew Miller