Self Introduction: Dave Melia

Hello!

My name is Dave Melia and I am in the processes of becoming a package maintainer for the Fedora Project. I am a Linux Engineer for The Hut Group, and I became interested in becoming a package maintainer after building packages for our internal repo at work. We use Cobbler as our repository, and Puppet to distribute the packages to our developers. I am a Fedora advocate, I run it on my desktop and my laptop at home, my desktop in the office, and we run RHEL/CentOS for our servers; contributing to Fedora seemed like the right choice!

I have been passionate about Linux and Open Source for ~15 years and have always wanted to contribute and give back to the community. Unfortunately my coding skills would not be up to standard and my technical writing is terrible... SO! I decided that package management would be the way to go!

I'm not too sure specifically which packages I'd like to maintain, but I am open to contribute to anything.

Over the past few months I've started my own blog to document the things that I learn (Terrible short-term memory!).

Oh, and I have a Tux tattoo on my wrist.

I'm not too sure what else to add to this so I'll wrap up.

Thank you for reading!

Regards,

Dave

--