Re: "Workstation" Product defaults to wide-open firewall

Christopher wrote:
> I think you're being overly dismissive of legitimate security concerns.
> The whole purpose of a firewall is to lock down the system from
> unintentional network traffic. The default installation of the
> "Workstation" product does not perform this function. This isn't paranoia.
> It's the only function. The "you had one job" meme comes to mind.

Indeed. The best analogy would probably be a condom with a whopping 129024
holes in it. (That's the number of ports that are left open by only the 2
blanket firewalld rules quoted in my thread-starting post.) What kind of
protection do you expect from that?

        Kevin Kofler