Re: Retiring OpenShift v2 non-client packages from Fedora

On 10/03/2014 10:51 PM, Haïkel wrote:

On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 21:43 +0200, Haïkel wrote:
This makes sense to me, though it annoys me as a token of our failure
to be an attractive platform for such use cases.

DId you consider providing a copr repository ?

A COPR repository probably wouldn't work, because they'd have to provide
a conflicting version of the ruby platform. I doubt that would fly. They
*could* stick a private copy of ruby in a non-standard location and use
it, but that's an awful lot of work for uncertain gain.

* I'm not an OpenShift dev

In this case, I was thinking about using an SCL. Just asking, not
forcing a burden upon anyone.m

I guess, this is where the work from Env&Stack WG will be critical to
ensure that Fedora remains a viable platform for services developers
(not only OpenShift).

H.

Well, yes, we were trying... I'm currently running rebuilds of RHSCL also for Fedora, but there are some differences in buildroots, so it will take some time. Also I don't think it will be easy to attract those who already left for CentOS back to Fedora.

Marcela