Re: Dist-git for Copr

On 09/04/2014 06:28 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
ok. Lets back up here before we start talking implementation...

What would be in this dist-git?

Everything what is going to be built in Copr.

Any legally allowed in Fedora code/projects?

Yes. See
  https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#WhatIcanbuildinCopr
for precise wording.

Who could commit to each one? Just whoever was wanting to build in
copr? Or a group of folks? Or ? How could they add/remove commiters?

Copr projects have at least one owner and can have several co-maintainers (we call it "build permission").
The ACL would be set/removed by Copr itself. Similarly like pkgdb do that now.

How would they tell copr what dists to build for? Just setting in copr
on it and it uses the same checkout for each dist?

My idea was that you would sent to Copr (either via fedpkg or copr-cli) request to build package foo in project msuchy/bar. Client would check which sha is HEAD and send that sha to server. Server will check if sha belongs to dist-git branch msuchy/bar of package foo and if yes server will build SRPM from that sha and build that package in project msuchy/bar in Copr.

The source would be in some lookaside I guess?

Yes.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS