Re: Dist-git for Copr

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 17:34:57 +0200
Miroslav Suchý <msuchy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> we (the Copr team) would like to allow uploading of source RPM to
> Copr. It seems that best way is to utilize dist-git [1]. Then Copr
> will fetch sources and spec file from dist-git and build SRC.RPM the
> same as Koji does now. And hopefuly you will be able to use fedpkg to
> interact with Copr.

ok. Lets back up here before we start talking implementation...

What would be in this dist-git?

Any legally allowed in Fedora code/projects?

Who could commit to each one? Just whoever was wanting to build in
copr? Or a group of folks? Or ? How could they add/remove commiters?

How would they tell copr what dists to build for? Just setting in copr
on it and it uses the same checkout for each dist?

The source would be in some lookaside I guess?

kevin