Re: Heads up: retiring xorg-x11-drv-mouse and xorg-x11-drv-keyboard

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My plan is to retire these two xorg input drivers in rawhide in a week or
two. They are superseded by the evdev driver which is the default driver for
input devices in Linux.

Speak up now, or forever hold yada yada...

Hello Peter,

With the software bumblebee, there seems to be a need for these packages. But I am not really sure why. I don't know if the evdev driver could work around this problem?

If the packages are not installed, then the error message one gets is:

[ 901.442296] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: XORG Failed to load module "mouse"

The solution I was told on github is to install xorg-x11-drv-mouse and xorg-x11-drv-keyboard packages. Which did indeed solve the problem in fedora 20. The xorg.conf file in this case is:

/etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia

The bumblebee developers have set

Option      "AutoAddDevices" "false"

Should that / can that be changed do you think?

Just wanted to mention this in case other fedora users have optimus laptops they use with the nvidia drivers? bumblebee is a solution that has been invented for hybrid graphics laptops with intel and Nvidia GPUs. It runs another X server in memory and copies the visuals with software. Either with VirtualGL or primus.

Cheers,