Heads up: retiring xorg-x11-drv-mouse and xorg-x11-drv-keyboard

My plan is to retire these two xorg input drivers in rawhide in a week or
two. They are superseded by the evdev driver which is the default driver for
input devices in Linux. Both drivers are still maintained upstream to get
them to work you have to use custom xorg.conf files that disable other
features (e.g.  device hotplugging). There shouldn't be a need to use either
driver under Linux. In fact, the default behaviour since Fedora 11 or so has
been to ignore any mouse or keyboard entries and use evdev anyway.

I think (almost?) all the bugs filed against mouse and keyboard are a result
of the wrong package selection ("my mouse doesn't work? must be
xorg-x11-drv-mouse then"). Actually, not true, the most avid filer of bug
reports for these two packages is the upstream release monitoring script.

This _will_ break some setups. If you have AutoAddDevices off in your
xorg.conf then this will break. The main question to ask here is: do these
setups still exist and if so why do you have that option set and can we fix
the reason for it being set in the first place?

Speak up now, or forever hold yada yada...

Cheers,
   Peter