Re: F20 Self Contained Change: Snapshot and Rollback Tool

On 03/07/2014 09:10 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

On Mar 7, 2014, at 6:31 AM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:52 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 6, 2014, at 4:27 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Other developers: OS Installer Support for LVM Thin Provisioning
Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/InstallerLVMThinProvisioningSupport

I this project dead?  I'm casting about to tools to manage lvm snapshots and roller-derby sounded promising.  Any other tools out there?

Orion didn't mention /home, and Roller Derby doesn't directly address it either.  Both yum-plugin-fs-snapshot and snapper can, but snapshots coincide with system updates. More useful is a regularly timed snapshot of the user's home, .e.g. hourly with age based clean-up.

I'm actually not that interested in tying in with yum updates etc. I'm just looking for a tool that might help with managing LVM snapshots in general - and specifically for managing snapshots of VMs. Something I could perhaps say have take a snapshot every X hours and keep the latest Y snapshots.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion@xxxxxxxx