Re: OpenCASCADE and applications depending on it

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Sandro Mani <manisandro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looking at this, we don't necessarily need to do the reviews 1 for 1 per module, but perhaps make smesh and it's requirements one "review". What do you think?
Fine with me. I had a quick look at updating adapting my salome-kernel for the latest 7.3.0 release, it is mostly working, however they removed the autotools buildsystem and now it is cmake only, meaning I have to hunt down all the places again where they forgot DESTDIR in the cmake files. As it stands now, it builds ok, but fails trying to install some files in system prefix.

Interesting... I didn't know when the switch to cmake happened since I started with 7.3.0... I'm surprised by the DESTDIR problem unless they didn't something to muck with it, it should just work. That's one thing I like about cmake, other than the fact it's much more human readable than autotools. I haven't gotten far enough in the building process to get to installing it, I'm assuming I need one or more of your patches to get through the build. Let me know if you need help on that part.

Thanks,
Richard