Re: Inter-WG coordination: Stable application runtimes

Le Lun 13 janvier 2014 18:21, Colin Walters a écrit :

> Many upstream build/deployment systems have substantial portions of the
> metadata (BuildRequires/Requires) that RPM needs, it just needs to be
> manually maintained/duplicated in the spec.

And they are usually missing substancial portions of the metadata rpm
needs. Most of them are incomplete implementations that do not address all
the problems distro packagers had to solve.

So instead of the perenial "let's drop rpm and use upstream incomplete
systems" I'd like to see the people working in those language communities
work at adding the missing bits to those upstream systems so the mapping
gets less incomplete and conversion can approach 1:1. That's the only way
it can work: add the missing capabilities to the less-complete system.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot