Re: dnf versus yum

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This one is clearly one of those "doomed to repeat history" things in
> motion.

It seems to me that dbf has to strike an impossible balance.

Asking that dnf supports every yum behavior would negate the benefit
of having dnf, which is to break from the heavy corset of backwards
compat yum wears.

So the dev team has to pick and choose. Not an easy spot to be in.
Perhaps some civility would help. Remember: every feature has a vocal
fan, but if they appease you and all the others, we're back to where
we started -- yum.

 martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff