Re: [pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 02:34:28PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > The reason is simple. Fedorahosted lacks features, is unplesant and need
> > byrocracy even to create a repository.
>
> Creating a repository is actually the only time "bureaucracy" is required.
> Giving write permissions just works over FAS. (There's a FAS group for every
> repository that is created, the developer only needs to request group
> membership through FAS and you can approve it, all self-service in FAS.)
> Clones, commits, pushes etc. are plain git (or SVN or whatever you chose!
> Fedorahosted is much more flexible than GitHub there) just as on GitHub or
> anywhere else. A Trac site is automatically created along with the
> repository if requested (you're expected to say in the repository request
> whether you want Trac or not, normally you should always say "yes"), it has
> bug trackers which work with FAS accounts (and Trac's issue tracker is no
> worse than GitHub's, they're actually very similar), a repository browser,
> and a wiki that you can edit (no "bureaucracy"). You also get a directory
> for file releases below https://fedorahosted.org/releases/ that accepts SCP
> uploads.
>
> I really don't see what is missing there, apart from missing automation for
> the one-time creation process.

You're forgeting, patch/code reviews, possibility to close or refer to a ticket
from the git commit, the possibility to easily follow a project and be informed
of its changes (yes, I know, you can create mailing list and have all the
commits and action from the trac be sent to said list, I already do this for
fedocal) and probably some more feature I'm forgetting.

Anyway, did you see the link in the footer? The one that says 'pkgdb'?

Pierre