Re: [pkgdb2] call for testers, bug reports and RFE

Dne 16.11.2013 02:47, Kevin Kofler napsal(a):
But this is NOT an UPSTREAM project, it is a project developed specifically
for Fedora by Fedora people. I see no valid reason whatsoever this is being
developed on third-party infrastructure. Of course, we cannot force the
whole distro to be developed on fedorahosted (not even Ubuntu can do that
with Launchpad), but for our custom infrastructure code, it would make
everyone's lives easier.

I am not developer of pkgdb2 but if I would, I would also choose github over fedorahosted.

The reason is simple. Fedorahosted lacks features, is unplesant and need byrocracy even to create a repository. I've already discussed that on devel long time ago and I was told that we do not want to make fedorahosted more like github -- most of you didn't even care. But unless we do, don't except the developers to use it if it's such a pain compared to github.

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-May/183573.html

From the ideological and polictal side, of course: Using github over fedorahosted is bad. From the practival part it's oposite.

I admire any Fedora dev who cooses fedorahosted, I really do. It's very nice of them. But please do not insist on it, while we lacks the level of user experience that github has. We aren't even close.

--
Miro Hrončok