Re: Fedora Workstation product name

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> Can we go one level up - should even Fedora be a name of a product? With
> Server/Workstation/Cloud and other as variants? Or can we treat Fedora as
> a project covering all different products using different names?

Please no…

> KDE guys tried this rebranding a long time ago, it never worked very well
> due to miscommunication in the very beginnings (KDE SC...). I was involved
> in discussion at Akademy with many red faces screaming "noo, don't do
> that, noo" but actually it makes sense. And even more sense to productised
> Fedora...

No, it doesn't make sense. Never did, never will. As for the "KDE SC" thing,
they now discourage its use without offering any alternative at all, which
just means people reverted to calling it just "KDE". (I know I did.) There's
no way people are going to write "the KDE Plasma Workspaces, the KDE
Development Platform / Libraries / Frameworks / (whatever the term of the
day is) and the KDE Applications (those that happen to release together with
the other stuff)" every single time.

        Kevin Kofler