Re: Lack of response about sponsorship

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 01:54:44 +0000 (UTC), Ben Boeckel wrote:

> Well, there is FE-NEEDSPONSOR. Could we add a checkbox to this page[1]
> for needing a sponsor? A new packager might not know about
> FE-NEEDSPONSOR and getting it right up front would help, I'd think.

> [1]https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora&format=fedora-review

The detailed "Join" process description for new packagers mentions
FE-NEEDSPONSOR:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers#Create_Your_Review_Request

Making bugzilla forms more complex cannot replace documentation.
(We've had sponsored packagers requesting FE-NEEDSPONSOR for the package,
and the fedora-review flag's '?' state is confusing enough already.)

> I also wouldn't mind seeing a list of FE-NEEDSPONSOR bugs be emailed to
> devel@ (similar to the ownership change email). Open reviews might be
> nice as well, but maybe just FE-NEEDSPONSOR would be something to start
> with.

http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/NEEDSPONSOR.html
[ http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/ ]
In the lists of new review requests, they are highlighted in green colour,
and the list is sorted by date.

Alternatively, add yourself to the Cc of the FE-NEEDSPONSOR tracker
ticket in bugzilla.