Re: communications and community [was Re: Lack of response about sponsorship]

On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:23:29 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> > The intended usage of "test" list has always been a problem. Once in a
> > while, somebody points that out, but there's nobody (no leadership) to
> > work on a change actively. Is it only for Test releases or also for
> > Rawhide? Its description is vague. Is there not any "testing and quality
> > assurance" for non-Test releases?
>
> The intended usage of the "test" list has always been clear anything
> related to any testing as well as general QA community activy should be
> posted there and there was a time that was enforced and each test
> related topic or post on devel was redirected there.

Kinda hard to parse that due to lack of punctation marks ;-)  but:

It is not only my impression what I've pointed out above. If users of
existing "stable" dist release post to test list about Test Updates,
regularly they are redirected to users list. If they are subscribed to
users list only, they miss topics about Test Updates. Once the Test Update
is marked stable but doesn't work, another thread is opened on users' list.

So, discussing Test Updates for stable dist releases belongs onto which
list?

Further, "F-20 Branched report" is cross-posted to devel _and_ test list.
This is bad, since not only is cross-posting frowned upon, replies to
only either list start disconnected threads.

And why is devel list so general that even the build reports get posted
there?