Re: does mc really require perl*?

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:37:50 +0200
Reindl Harald wrote:
> who is using "mc" on a full featured desktop?
> typically it is used where you do not have a fat graphical filemanager
Point me to such graphical filemanager. I fail to see even a decent gui
alternative to mc under linux. MC *is* typically used on a full featured
desktop because it's the most effective tool in linux world to actually
manage files, not just browse through them and open. All the gui "file
managers" I've ever tried under linux either have terrible gui or are
file *browsers* rather than file *managers*. People on linux use mc for the
same reason people on windows install either total commander or
servant salamander.

Sorry for the OT, but I couldn't hold back on this remark.

Thanks,
Martin