Re: Wider feedback requested on two changes to our base/core defaults

On 09/09/2013 07:53 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
I'd like to add myself as another datapoint for 'uses different
users', and often via ssh. In any case, that bash prompt trick surely
only works if applied to all user profiles or all systems being used.

They already are quite different between *nixes,shell variants and linux distro's which is why the skilled administrator would overwrite *his* preference over the default while *our* default would be clearly displaying the fqdn of the host to avoid any kind of administrative mishaps.

JBG