Re: F20 release name election?

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 17:39 -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> I personally LOVE release names. However, I feel that we should forego
> it this one release.
>
> What is the point of the board of the community decides everything?
>
> We all know that there needs to be a tough decision made by the board,
> and it's not release names vs no release names. For me it's about
> doing what Seth would have wanted, whether he was close to us or not,
> whether he he touched us or knew us or cared about personally.

I really hate trying to put words in others people mouths, especially
when they cannot reply themselves, but my experience of Seth tells me he
wouldn't want the Board to go against the wishes of the Fedora community
"in his honor", he wouldn't find that very honorable.

I would like to see a more prominent dedication than just the release
announcement, but I do not know what that could be.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York