Re: Orphaning Blueman

On 08/01/2013 07:52 PM, Juan Rodriguez wrote:
I've recently been approached about one of the packages I maintain, Blueman, an alternative Bluetooth Manager.

At the time I packaged it, it was actively being developed, however development has stopped for over a year [1]. The project's domain expired too. [2]

The package has been continuously piling up bugs. Some of which I can fix (Packaging) but most of which I can't (Actual crashes).

Furthermore, it doesn't work with bluez5 and the porting is not entirely trivial. Bluez5 might yet land in F20 and without anyone working on Blueman, it would get into a broken state.

So yeah, might be a good idea to retire it unless someone is willing to invest time in working on the code again.

Hope this helps,
Kalev