Re: Orphaning Blueman

On 01/08/13 12:52 -0500, Juan Rodriguez wrote:
> I've recently been approached about one of the packages I maintain,
> Blueman, an alternative Bluetooth Manager.
>
> At the time I packaged it, it was actively being developed, however
> development has stopped for over a year [1]. The project's domain expired
> too. [2]
>
> The package has been continuously piling up bugs. Some of which I can fix
> (Packaging) but most of which I can't (Actual crashes).
>
> Given that both the KDE Bluetooth Manager and the Gnome Bluetooth Manager
> both work wonderfully, I'm orphaning the package.

The only catch is that gnome-bluetooth needs plenty of burden (from my
LXDE user perspective) such as accountsservice, gnome-settings-daemon,
gnome-online-accounts, etc.

It's harder and harder to escape from these monoliths despite not using
vast majority of their functionality while the rest can only be good
to provide new attack vectors.

Well, Blueman will be missed then, I am not seeing myself jumping into
its maintenance.

--
Jan