Re: Fedora as an crowd founded project an additional funding source to our sponsor

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 07/24/2013 02:13 PM, inode0 wrote:
>>
>> Fedora is not any sort of legally recognized entity as far as I know.
>> And the fact that the vast majority of contributions are time rather
>> than money is because in order to contribute money requires one to
>> send a check made out to Red Hat and I don't think Red Hat wants
>> checks sent to them earmarked for Fedora which I'm sure would have
>> interesting legal and accounting complications. This latter point may
>> have changed very recently although I'm not aware of the details of
>> how other organizations are making money contributions to Flock.
>

> Cant one not just donate directly to an earmark account via paypal or direct
> money transfer.

There is no such receiving account for Fedora.

> Do people still use checks on the 21 century where paper money is slowly
> becoming obsolete?

You can substitute any sort of funds transfer where I said "check"
above. One can only contribute money to Fedora by sending it in some
fashion to Red Hat. Fedora has no way to receive it.

John