Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk)

Am 23.07.2013 20:49, schrieb Bruno Wolff III:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 14:38:17 -0400,
> Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> PS: Somewhere in this discussion, it was brought up that Fedora
>> infrastructure is not running on Fedora. I find that a really depressing
>> state of affairs. Changing that would be a great goal, imo.
>
> I think making sure a Fedora fork could run on Fedora (to bootstrap) is good enough given our current resources.
> Infrastructure is already short on human resources and trying to run stuff on Fedora is going to add a lot of work
> (so other things will not get done) for little benefit to the project

on the other hand "it your own dogfoot" may lead to *a lot* of more
care in many aspects if it comes to desicisons like "delay a
feature to the next release" which is not ready

if the fedora ibfrastructure would have been bootstraped at it's own
in times of F15 development we would have gotten systemd wirh F16 or
F17 but most likely in the quality it has with F18/F19

the viewpoint of what is critical and important is a completly
different one if you have to live at your own with the decisions
or only your userbase which "should read the manuals", hence in
many cases people of the fedora infrastructure could come to the
decision that the existing manuals are to less, non existent or
in some cases even wrong