Re: Getting rid of systemd-sysv-convert?

Am 22.06.2013 00:39, schrieb Jared K. Smith:
> Your logical fallacy here is that the distribution works just like you do.  I've seen you argue time and time again
> in the mailing lists that because *you* do things a certain way, that the *distribution* should work that way.  Or
> that if you don't like a particular tool, that the distribution shouldn't use it.  I don't know how else to say it
> other than to come right out and say it directly -- the distribution doesn't revolve around you

right, but that does not firbid me to say my opinion

> Now to come back from the theoretical to the case in point -- systemd.  Yes, we *could* have held up the release of
> the entire distribution (for how long?) until every single System-V and upstart style initscript was converted over
> to systemd.  I could argue that doing so might have technically been the right thing for *systemd*, but I cannot
> argue that it's the right thing for the distribution overall

maybe, maybe not

the direction in software development release half ready things is bad and will
continue to be bad and especially in context of opensource it is the worst
because there would be no need for marketing to force releases

> If you think I'm wrong and feel like pressing the issue further, I invite you to open a FESCo ticket and have them
> review the issue again.  But please, don't continue to rant about decisions made in the past without trying to find
> a way to make things better in the future

IMHO point out mistakes made in the past is the first step to prevent make them again
if i would follow your logic i would need to shutup at all and accept that it
never happended to learn from mistakes in the past - weel, i have stil the hope
that peo9ple sooner or later start to learn from mistakes and not repeat them