Re: Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

On 05/04/2013 05:37 AM, Michael Scherer wrote:

Or I could also speak of the small non standard keyboard such as macbook
one where ~ or | are not printed and where using the wrong keyboard
could result in wrong characters if you are unaware of the problem.

Reminds me of the famous case when someone could login while sitting down but not when they were standing up. The reason turned out to be that their keyboard layout was slightly non-standard and the keycodes didn't agree with keycaps. When they were sitting, they touch-typed and hit the correct keys, but when they were standing, they hunt-and-pecked and got the wrong keys.