Re: Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

On 5/3/13 10:58 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 08:52:25PM -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> And if the maintainers feel more than justified in closing it again?
>>> Bugzilla isn't a discussion forum. If disagree with a deliberate policy
>>> decision, discuss it on an appropriate mailing list.
>>
>> Isn't that what we're doing? That's exactly the point of this email thread.
>
> No, this isn't the most appropriate mailing list for the discussion -
> anaconda-devel-list is a better choice if you want to interact with the
> people who actually work on that code. In any case, I was disagreeing
> with Rahul's assertion that he was justified in re-opening a bug merely
> because he disagreed with a design choice.

Matthew, with all due respect the tone of the bug doesn't make me think
that there is a lot of interest in discussion from the developers.

Whether or not bugzilla was the right place to start it, the early
discussion went something like this, mostly paraphrased.

Q: This seems to be a bug.  My password is visible while I type it.  I'm surprised.
   Is this a bug?