Re: Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

On Sun, 2013-05-05 at 14:43 +0200, drago01 wrote:

> >> Excuse my cynicism here but this would also require some change to the
> >> QA process itself and what are blockers and what are not and the "nice
> >> to have" process which should be renamed "we won't hold our breath".
> >
> > I don't really see any special place for QA in reviewing design
> > decisions. I've said it before, but my opinion is that the job of QA is
> > to determine whether things are working as intended, not to decide what
> > the intentions should be.
>
> No but if QA had adopted the "keyboard layouts must work" criterion
> that I have proposed multiple times
> the anaconda maintainers would have to spent their time on fixing the
> real issue rather than papering over
> it in such obscure ways.

Nope. Current anaconda would pass any such criterion. It lets you pick a
keyboard layout, and picking a keyboard layout works. I don't think a
"there must be a keyboard layout indicator in anaconda" criterion would
get accepted.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey