Re: Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

On 4 May 2013 23:42, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 4 May 2013 15:22:01 -0700
Dan Mashal <dan.mashal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > http://it.slashdot.org/story/13/05/04/1248242/fedora-19-to-stop-masking-passwords
> >
> > Well, that escalated quickly.
>
> As it should have.
>
> So where do we go from here? I think the vast majority of people here
> have agreed that this was wrong. I guess does this now go to FESCo and
> let a few people vote on it?

IMHO, no.

You posted this on friday afternoon, Rauhl re-opened the bug
friday night. I suspect many anaconda folks have not even seen this
discussion or the bug reopening yet. Is there some massive hurry here?

Of course another way to look at that is that it alerts them to the fact there's already quite a lot of discussion on this issue on the devel list and they may want to start getting involved in that.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk