Re: How do *you* use Fedora?

On 03/04/13 07:29 AM, Pete Travis wrote:

Clearly, the memory requirements of the installation environment can't
be equated to the memory requirements for the running environment,
especially for cloud guests. @minimal requires less memory to install
than a full desktop - but does anyone want to run Fedora with less
memory than that, or is doing so venturing out of reasonable guidelines
and into proof-of-concept adventureland?

I ran my IRC proxy VM for some long time with 256MB of RAM. It never needs any more. Now it has 2GB just because the host has tons of RAM and 'why not', but it still doesn't _need_ it. I've never seen top go north of 150MB on that box, and it's not a particularly exotic config, and it's doing obviously useful work (it's basically a minimal install with bip and bitlbee on top, doing what they're meant to do).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey