Re: Unhelpful update descriptions

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 20:20:01 +0000
Debarshi Ray <rishi.is@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

...snip...

> I think it would be a much better use of our time to audit and test
> updates than writing %changelogs that can be understood by laymen.

Spot had a plan related to this. basically bundle up monthly updates to
all critpath (non security) stuff, QA it, and then push it out as a
bundle.

People using yum/other tools directly could keep doing whatever they
currently do.

Other folks who don't care about updates so much could just apply them
monthly, and have some assurance that they didn't break things.
As part of that plan there could be a release notes for the monthly
update bundle that was shorter and more useful than the changelog of a
bunch of things.

Security updates would of course keep flowing all the time.

kevin