Re: Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 06:20:52PM -0800, Samuel Sieb wrote:
> My understanding is that the session list is dependent on the user
> selected.  At least the default session is, so it made sense to wait
> until a user is chosen before showing the list.

Using this you can show the correct default session for that user.

You have two possibilities:

1. Show sessions before selecting/entering the user:
   Means basically including something like 'default session' or
   'previous session'
2. Show sessions after selecting/entering the user:
   Means you can show the actual session that will be chosen.

There are tradeoffs between both of them, GDM chose #2, making some
stuff nicer, some stuff worse. It would be nice if someone would do a
usability study on this (maybe session selector should be more obvious
or something… thinking of maybe a list instead of a dropdown).

--
Regards,
Olav