Re: Proposed F19 Feature: Cinnamon as Default Desktop

On 02/04/2013 09:49 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

The user should also be informed that the choice is not final, and the
DE can be switched after the installation via package manager.
Does the current webpage indicate this somewhere? I could not see it.

What's worse is that it's harder than it used to be to change the desktop---desktop style is no longer a login-time selection. In fact, I am not sure what is the recommended method nowadays--- groupinstall KDE + groupremove Gnome? but this can't be right for XFCE which I think shares stuff with Gnome..

I agree with Adam that the solution isn't to force a choice early on, but the flip side of it is that it should be easier to choose on an installed system.