Re: Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 01:00:38PM +0100, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:28 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It's all going to depend on what we want the upgrade experience to be like
> > for people going from f18 to f19.  I believe that FESCo punted it down the
> > road since there wasn't an actual MySQL package maintainer at the time we
> > decided to accept the Feature (just potential ones).
>
> The feature page that was approved explicitly says
> > In Fedora 19, MariaDB packages obsoletes MySQL. That means that all packages of MySQL will be automatically replaced by corresponding MariaDB pacakges during update.
>    Mirek

but we talked about this in the fesco meeting and decided that we're doing a
versioned Obsolete.  So if a newer mysql package were to be built, it would
no longer be obsoleted.  Like I say, my impression is that we deferred the
question of what our desired outcome would be if that happened since there
wasn't sure to be a mysql packager yet (and still isn't I guess... although
we're getting closer to seeing one show up :-)

-Toshio