Re: Should MariaDB touch my.cnf in %post?

On 02/13/2013 02:15 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
On Feb 13, Reindl Harald wrote:
a few lines in the SPEC files %install section would simply
remove the folder and this files - i know a lot of mysql
setups and have never seen one with includes and if
so then they would be created by the admin

I don't think the directory is so bad that we should remove it as a whole. We usually don't want to differ from upstream (MariaDB uses the directory) and staying with old design only because admins are used to that -- well, we won't destroy anything, they can still ignore the directory if they want, but we can give the opportunity for others that like the idea with my.cnf.d.

We also don't do this change within a regular update, but as a part of quite big step (moving to MariaDB).

And speaking about /etc/php.d/ and /etc/httpd/conf.d/ - I'm not the only
one who can see the benefits of a modular configuration system, as
compared to one monolitic config file :)

+1

Honza