Re: Proposed F19 Feature: Replace MySQL with MariaDB

Hi

But the fact that the packages conflict should stand in the way.

We don't have any guidelines that forbids it.

I don't see how having 2 packages which are drop-in replacements of each
other and ship conflicting files (requiring the packages to Conflict with
each other at RPM level) is helpful in any way. We already have too many
Conflicts in the repository.

Do you have a proposal to solve it other than excluding all possible alternative implementations? If so, you should post it and let FPC vote on it.

Rahul