Re: Where are we going? (Not a rant)

On 12/08/2012 05:07 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Arun SAG <sagarun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 5:32 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

If we want to solve this we need to release an Fedora LTS release for our
and the potential other user >base that don't have to/want to update every 6
or 12 months.

Completely agree on this one. In my day job we started using Fedora as one
of our desktop os. Then support  issues and upgrade cycle started giving
nightmares to corp IT. They are looking at other avenues now. I really wish
there is a LTS release for this awesome distro -  Fedora.
Why does there need to be a long-term support for Fedora? Why not just
use Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

Prize + Community which is why so many use RHEL clones instead of Red Hat it self.

Alot of corporate that I know have the policy to only deploy RHEL if the application running on top of the OS lists it as required for support.

If the relevant application does not deploy one of RHEL clones.

I should also mention when I speak of LTS release I'm just speaking of 2 - 3 year release cycle.

If you need anything more than that you certainly should be deploying/using RHEL or one of it's clones.

JBG