Nvidia driver in F18?

Hi,

Has the Nvidia driver been improved in f18?

I have an Nvidia GeForce GT220. When I upgraded from f14 to f16 and then to f17 I had to go through a lot of trouble, because Anaconda gave me a black screen every time between 1 and 5 minutes. I had to do many reboots to continue the installation. I lost my data because of this, a few evenings and got a lot of frustration.

Finally I managed to get a stable f17 by installing the driver from nvidia.com, but I'm afraid that Anaconda will use its own nvidia driver and I have to go through the trouble again when I upgrade to f18. If that is the case I will stick to f17.

A bit of googling on the words 'fedora black screen' shows this is a known issue since f15.

regards,

--
Erwin Waterlander
http://waterlan.home.xs4all.nl/