Polymake: perl help requested

I've been working on a polymake package for some months, off and on.  I finally got it to the point where it builds and works satisfactorily on Fedora 17.  I then ran fedora-review on it in preparation for submitting it for review.  That's when I discovered that polymake works great with perl 5.14.3 and not so great with perl 5.16.2.

I've fixed some of the problems, but now I'm stuck on one that I just don't know how to solve, involving perl claiming to be unable to see a function defined in a C extension.  The whole story is here: http://jjames.fedorapeople.org/polymake/ [1].

If you are a person [2] who (a) knows what an XSUB is, (b) knows something about the changes between perl 5.14 and 5.16, and (c) need something that I can provide (such as a package review, or help debugging a C problem), I would love to do something for you in exchange for your help getting polymake to build on Fedora 18+.

Footnotes:
[1] Warning: hand-written HTML with no CSS.  May cause blindness.
[2] Or hyperintelligent pan-dimensional being.  I'm not picky.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/